Sunday, June 12, 2022

Quiet Sunday

Not much on the agenda today, although Hubby is currently outside pulling the weeds from underneath the hedge, then it is done for awhile until they grow back again.

I did a lot of odd jobs yesterday, laundry, cleaned out the humidifier for the Summer, done some gardening, went for a walk and read some of my library book.   Did not have to prepare dinner, as we were invited to a B-day dinner for his GD.

Dinner...... we were asked to arrive at 6:00 p.m.  we were going to eat under the gazebo.  Sound nice doesn't it.   Gazebo half up, half still in the box, so we sat in the open on lawn chairs, done it before so not an inconvenience.  Appetizer, spinach and ham  encased in a ring of crescent dinner rolls and baked, not bad at all.    6:30 p.m. it was decided the tables needed to cleaned,  washed with the garden hose.     Time to cook dinner for nine people, burgers on the BBQ.,  bottle of mustard, one small tomato sliced and a small red onion sliced.  Quite tasty, can't do much to spoil a burger.   One each     Do you want a drink,? options coke, root beer, ginger ale, I drink none of those, I opted for a glass of ice water with lemon, please.   Coffee mug of water delivered shortly.   B-day cake, I will have a small piece, please,  thank you, as I was given a dinner plate, where's the cake,  Oh! right, I asked for a small piece. 

It is now cooling down, no... getting cold,  as we had been forecast rain, clouds were gathering and the wind getting up.   Still we sat, B-day girl opened some gifts, its getting COLD, so time to call it a day.

I am thankful we were invited, don't get me wrong, it's just.....well not my way of  doing things.  I was taught to do things right or not do them at all.  Different strokes for different folks.

We did gat rain overnight, cloudy still with the occasional ray of sun getting through, so maybe we are not done with the rain.   Forecast is for a heat wave mid week.

Have a great day,


1 comment:

  1. Even with our exorbitant prices I think we could have sprung for 2 tomatoes among 9 people. I hope the crumb of cake was tasty.

    ReplyDelete

All fixed and moving

 Joyce the Janome, only need a little fix, which did not take too long at the shop, so she is now back in the sewing room.  Sally the Singer...