Tuesday, September 06, 2022

Sunny

When we went into the grocery store this morning it was cloudy and looked as if it was going to be "one" of those days again, coming out after spending a small fortune, it was a different day.  The sky was blue and the sun had warmed up the air.  It amazes me how fast the clouds can disappear because we were not in the store for a long time.

I believe my antiquated pedometer  was not working properly for the first days of my walks, as  I have been doing the same route for several days.  Previous readings were 2 miles which is wrong as the new watch I now have indicates the route was not that long.   On Sept 2nd. I did 1.23 kms, not the 2 miles.   On Sept 5th I walked 2.13kms, trying to increase the distance a little each day by walking through the field across the road.   Will be walking later today as I have a hair appointment this afternoon.

Our area of the city is now full of returning university  students, it seems strange to see all of the people waking past the house again, (we are on a direct route from multiple rental properties to the main campus), it has been so quiet for the past two years.   We see people from countries far and wide, plus students from all over Canada come past our house during the school year.   

Yesterday, was Labour day here, and I did very little, worked on the two quilts I am making, it's not labour it is something I find relaxing, until I sew something together wrong.  When that happens it's time to take a rest and walk away from it and return later to fix.   

Had a message from my who is recovering from Covid, this is now the start of the 8th week, she is feeling better and stronger, and should be 100% in a few weeks.  So glad she is well on the road to recovery.

Dinner tonight, chicken, broccoli, baked potato and the remaining chocolate mousse I made yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. It seems the world over is slowly returning to pre-Covid. I wonder how much will have changed permanently.
    I admire your walking. I hang my head in shame.

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...