Thursday, September 22, 2022

I am back

 I have had a break from blogging, nothing much to tell you about, however, back now.

We have had several heavy showers and thunder storms during the past few days and the temps have dropped considerably today, a sure sign Autumn is here.   It is very windy here with a mixture of sun and cloud and cool.   

Some of the leaves are starting to change into their Fall finery,  it seems as if they change later in the season every year.   Hubby believes the seasons are shifting, thinking he maybe right.   

Another reason I have been absent is because DD1 has a family baby shower to attend this weekend, I should say babies as there are going to be twins arriving shortly.  She wanted me to make her a couple of baby quilts.  OK, she gave me ten days notice, I could easily make a quilt in that time, until she told me she wanted two.  What!   So I have been busy, they were picked up last evening and she was pleased with them.


This is a photo of the two quilts.

Tonight is the first meeting for our quilting guild since June.   We will have a lot to talk about so it will likely be a longer meeting than usual.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Hubby suggested we take a few days away, the weather does not look too promising for the beginning of the week, but if we don't do it now, we will likely not go.   We plan on visiting my two youngest granddaughters and also visiting a friend of Hubby's.   They live further north than us and usually the leaves turn colour before ours, so looking forward to some lovely colours.  At this point in time it looks as if we will be leaving on Sunday.

I have some cabbage to use up so thinking about making some lazy man's cabbage roll casserole.  There is also so broccoli too, so should do something with that,   soup sounds like a good idea, it is that time of the year.  

So I should make myself scarce and get busy.

Have a great day.

Cheers 

1 comment:

  1. Those quilts are gorgeous. Lucky babies. I hope you get away and look forward to photos of the changing colours. My favourite season of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...