Wednesday, September 07, 2022

Salt & Pepper...Yellow?

 Yesterday, I had an appointment for a hair cut, the young woman I now go to is really good and does my hair just the way I want it.  In the past I have not had much luck with hair stylists, they seem to quit or move away, then I need to source another and "train" them.  Hope this one continues for awhile.

My hair colour was light brown, "mousey" brown is what was used to describe that colour, now it is "salt and pepper",   While the stylist was finishing up my hair she asked me "have you been swimming in a lot of pools this summer",  I have not even put on a bathing suit let alone gone swimming, which I can't do for the life of me anyway.  My swimming can be describe as "swimming like a brick", straight to the bottom.  I then asked her why she would ask that question, her reply, "your hair is a yellow tinge to it"  Well, she is not the only person who has said that, because Hubby did, as well as his cousin.  We though it might be from exposure to the sun, and it may well be.    I now have a shampoo to put on my hair to take that brassy look out.  In the shower this morning I poured out some of it out into my hand, "it's dark blue",!!! the suds were white, so time will tell if it changes my hair colour to just salt and pepper.

Fifty five years ago today, I was in surgery and looking forward to holding my baby after being in a hospital for a three months.  All of those months bedridden.  She was born about three weeks premature, healthy but small, so needed to stay in the hospital until she was at least 5 lbs.  Now she is a healthy woman, she had major issues trying to have her own children and she and her husband adopted two girls, one in 1999 and another in 2002, both very smart young ladies now.

I did not walk yesterday, my excuse...don't have one, with one thing and another I just did not seem to have time in the day to do it.  Was going to do a short on after dinner, but that did not happen either.

Hubby was up early this morning even before I woke up, put in a load of his dirty clothes  in the washer and dryer..  

Going to a jazz concert tonight, looking forward to that.  Need to have an early dinner, so it will be beef on a bun and salad.  Need to rustle up something for dessert, so better get moving. 

Cheers


1 comment:

  1. That blue shampoo is amazing. Try and leave it on as long as you can. Enjoy that concert.

    ReplyDelete

I can't believe

Where did that time go!   I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.   Life gets in the way, and time just flies by. During m...