Thursday, February 08, 2024

Records

 Every day I go for a 3 km walk on the trail just  few steps from my apartment.  It is all paved, so no mud to contend with, and during snowy winter conditions it is well maintained to remove the ice and snow, so it is a great place to walk knowing there are no slippery sections.   Not to worry about what is under foot today.  What a beautiful day to take in some fresh air.

So records, what records --- There were pussy willows open on a tree I walked by, a motor cycle was roaring down a nearby street, I bet that bike hasn't been out this early in the year.   I took my gloves off as it was so warm on my return trip as I had the south wind and the sun on my back.  Was tempted to undo my jacket but, thought better of it.  While watching the evening news, the area I live in set a record high temp for Feb. 8th.  going up to 10.7*C, tomorrow is forecast to be warmer, however, so rain  is also expected.  Also, on the news was a local golf course, where the grounds keepers had been rolling the tees to get rid of any lumps or bumps and the course was fully booked for golfers to pay today.  One man they interviewed said he was skiing two days ago at a local ski club, they make their own snow at night.  And, then he was golfing today.   The groundhog was right---an early spring.  I don't think so, it can all change in the blink of any eye, when we get s north wind bringing in cold temps and snow. 

It all sounds too good to be true, however, we all know the reasons for the changing weather patterns, and it is not good.

Rejuvenated from my walk and the fresh air, I started working on two projects for our guild.  One is a name tag, the program myself and another member did was quite a lot of fun and hope some of the "girls" will pursue the fabric painting, which we did for the name tags.  Then I worked on the collage challenge project also for the guild.  I want to make mine into s wall hanging, as I have a perfect spot to hang it when it is completed.

Getting my hair cut tomorrow  as I am beginning to look a bit unkept, I will ask her to take a bit more off on one area, so it looks tidier for a little longer than it has.

Have a great day


Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. it was indeed a lovely day today. Global warming has a lot to do with it I think

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...