Tuesday, February 06, 2024

Have to change

During the dark grey days of winter, when it gets dark early in the evening and the sun doesn't decide to get up until late in the morning, and then it never is seen because of the clouds, I tend to hibernate.  Going to bed late after watching some TV and as a result getting up late.  Time to make some changes.

Yes, it is time for a change, no more slacking off, must get moving, getting in the bed earlier and greeting a new day before 7:45 a.m.   I am not a person who opens my eyes and immediately jumps out of bed and gets moving, I need to take things s bit slower.  

What times do you go to bed and get up in the morning?

Tomorrow is my guilds February meeting so needed to get my block done for the charity quilt we make each month.  So I did that yesterday.  The colours chosen, by myself and another member, (we are in charge of the meeting and program this month) are lime green, black and white.  We also have some new members, so decided the activity will be making our name tags.  In the past they have not been needed as the membership never changed.  Unfortunately, we loose members for various reasons, and  new people join to fill those empty spaces.  I know how hard it is to remember names, so we thought this would be a good idea.  

The tulips my DD2 gave me for January are now past their prime and will be taken out of the vase and in the garbage they go.  I do have house plants, that seem to be lovely the light coming in the windows, will have to give them some fertilizer soon.  When the days warm up two of them will go outside on the balcony as they have done in past years.

Last night it was trivia night here in the building, so I went again, just to see how much I didn't know.  Our team did not win, we came in second, but I did contribute some right answers.  Nothing is taken seriously, just a bit of fun, so don't mind going once a month as it is a good chance to get to know some people.  

Have a great day


Cheers.












1 comment:

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...