Wednesday, February 21, 2024

It's everywhere

 Yesterday, was a sewing day with my quilt guild.

I have mentioned previously we received a donation of fabric from one of our late members fabric stash, on the condition we make quilts for a charity.  She had a lot of fabric, as this is the second sewing day we have had using up tubs of brightly coloured cotton fabric.

As everyone sorts though it all, there is fabric everywhere, with each of us trying to co-ordinate a colourful design with something else, "is there enough of this" or "what do you think this will look like".  Then a laugh, "what on earth was R thinking about when she bought THIS".   The ugly duckling, so to speak,  always is looking OK when it's cut up and pieced.  

We had a productive day and lots of great conversation during lunch and throughout the day.

On the weekend I had a nice visit with my son, daughter in law, grandson and his family.  GGD baby "M", now has a personality, she is a happy little one of almost 7 months.  Mum has her on a strict schedule, I am sure not only for "M ' s"  benefit but for herself too.  GGD,"A" will soon by five years old,  and quite a little miss, who gets quite moody if nothing goes quite the way she wants it to.   A five year old teenager.

Hardly any snow on the ground, and temps up and down like the window blinds.  Rain possible later today, but right now we have some sunshine.  The plants in my window are loving it and sprouting new leaves.  

Have a great day


Cheers.




3 comments:

  1. How lovely that your member donated all her fabric for charity. It sounds like you enjoy your quilt guild. I have never been a quilter but I love them and was gifted a beauty from an aunt on husband's side. I also have bought a couple of them in the past that I still enjoy. So nice to get together with your family. I like this description, "and temps up and down like the window blinds." A fun turn of phrase. Lovely post and I hope those temperatures keep rising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your experience at quilt guild sounded like when my crafters group gets a new donation of yarn. It`s snapped up in minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy March to you, the weather after a good start here, will be a bit chilly and rainy for the rest of the week. One day we went for a lovely walk and the temperature was warm but not too hot. Yesterday, however, I stepped out without looking at the forecast and it was so chilly I went right back inside and changed back to sweaters and put on my coat. It sounds like you have had a nice week. It’s always nice to treat yourself. I smiled at your Gin and Tonic. My favorite is a glass of Harvey’s Bristol Cream Sherry. Chips and dips and chocolates? There again, lovely to treat yourself. Now that would have gone lovely with my tot of sherry. Alas, no such luck, ha! Glad you had such a nice time. How lovely about your great-grandson’s 14th birthday party. I hope the rest of your week is an equally happy one.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...