Friday, December 01, 2023

Wet Dec. 1st.

After a beautiful sunny but windy Thursday, with a temp up to 9*C,  today is wet and the forecast is the same for the next few days.   

My two daughters picked a lovely day to go shopping yesterday, they wanted to get some Christmas shopping done.  We live close to the boarder of the U.S. and we use to go and do a lot of shopping there, however, with Covid in the past few years no one went anywhere, so now it is all but over, that is where they wanted to go.   The prices and  choices are more attractive than here in Canada,  even with the exchange rate, however, having said that, you do  need to know your prices as some things are more expensive there.

Up at 6:00 a.m. as DD2 was going to pick me up at 7:00 a.m. for a 3/4 hour trip to get to DD1 who was going to be the driver.  Started shopping at 10:30 a.m. had a lovely lunch, an afternoon of shopping and I walked in my door at 7:30 p.m.  Needless to say, I am slow to get moving this morning, breakfast and a shower and now ready to take on the day.

The music concert I was going to go today, involved a walk in the rain and then sitting in wet clothes for an hour or more, so decided I did not want that, so no concert today.  It is a free concert so no loss as far as money spent on a ticket.

So what am I going to do, first tidy up the kitchen and then do some sewing, also make a pot of soup, it is that kind of day.  Finish writing my Christmas cards that I send out to Canadian addresses, and check the gift list for the great grands.  Should also make a shopping list for a few groceries needed, which is most likely on my "to do" list for tomorrow.   

My social calendar is filling up for December already, it is going to be busy just as November was.  First up is lunch with friends on Monday, these friends for quite awhile, so it is going to be a lot of catch up conversations.

Well, should get moving

Have a great day.


Cheers.



2 comments:

  1. Love your new header, it's pretty spectacular! You did pick a good day for your cross border shopping. Not something I ever do but it must have been fun going with your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The header is a photo my GD sent me from Iqaluit when she was there. I have not been shopping there for many years, it was a nice day out with DD's.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...