Sunday, December 31, 2023

Last day of 2023 and deep in thought

I am sitting here today, the last day of 2023 and reflecting back on all the happenings during the year, both the good things and also the ones that caused pain, not physical but emotional upset, those I would rather forget, but they are part of life that molds us and hopefully makes us a better person by learning from those mistakes.  

In the coming year I am burning bridges, repairing old ones and also building new ones and look forward to a happier year, not only for me but, for others in my life.

It has been a busy and lovely holiday season, but honestly look forward to a more normal life without all of the hustle and bustle.  Food, so many different meals and dishes have been consumed, very small portions of everything is how I am able to maneuver myself and not over eat.  Sometimes the temptations were difficult to control.   Then when I think about those who have none, I feel guilty, however, I did do my part by contributing to organizations which help those who are struggling, one can do only so much        .  

My quilting and sewing will be a craft I will continue to pursue, as it gives me pleasure to create pieces of fabric into useful, colourful quilts which I usually give away to organizations, individuals or family.   I have a multitude of  photo's which I retrieved from my locker yesterday, which will now be sorted and given to my children to do with what they want.

Reviewing travel brochures for a possible vacation is also happening right now, there is one destination which is of interest, time will tell if it is the one.

Now I am on my own, consider myself to be very independent,   I need to replace my old car for a reliable mode of transportation, so a new car is also going to be happening.

Why am I doing all of the above!!!  Early in December a friend I had known for a long time, who was younger than me,  healthy and enjoying life, suddenly passed away.   It made me realize life is short, make the most of it while you can and that is what I intend to do in 2024 and hopefully beyond.   

The weather we have been having is very unseasonable, no snow or freezing temperatures, we had a green Christmas with rain and foggy conditions.  Today, overcast with rain in the forecast again, which could turn into some light snow if the temperature goes below freezing. If it is snow, it won't accumulate as the ground is not frozen yet and it will melt on contact.  I miss seeing the sunshine, but we might see some mid week.  

I wonder if all of the changes in the weather will have an adverse effect on crops especially the Winter Wheat which usually is covered with snow which protects the small plants from the weather.  Other plants, shrubs and trees along with animals which usually hibernate during the Winter months are all confused.  Mother Nature usually makes corrections along the way so, we will have to rely on her wisdom to make it right.

Wishing the readers of my blog a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Have a wonderful day, stay safe.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...