Monday, December 25, 2023

Whirlwind

The last three days have been very busy with family get togethers and the last is happening tomorrow as I entertain my two daughters and their families.  What was I thinking!!!!  It will be the first gathering I have had in my new home, there is not a lot of space but it is not about that its about family.  I will have a visit from my son and some of his family later, as his work is taking up a lot of his time as he will be travelling out of the country in a few days time.

I can honestly say this has been the best Christmas I have had in quite awhile, even with it being very boisterous at times. Being with my family this year was one of the things I had to do, as past Christmases I neglected to do that, repairing my relationship with them was number one on the list of things I had to do.  It is now being done.  Past years I cooked a big meal for my ex's family that I felt was not appreciated by them and not doing that for my family.  My fault, now mine to fix which I have now started to do, and it feels good.   

I received lovely gifts, some useful, some extravagant and some good to eat.  My four year old great granddaughter "V" gave me something she picked out, not from a store, but from her house.  I am assuming it was things she liked to eat and were special to her.  It was wrapped her way with seasonal wrapping paper and lots and lots of tape to tame all the loose bits that would not just do what she wanted them to.  In it was a small plastic rectangular container which contained a plantain, an avocado, a root of ginger, three nuts, several candies and a painted rock.   Honestly, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry because so much thought and effort was put in that gift.  

We had a white Christmas not the snow kind of white but a foggy one which really didn't fully clear until later afternoon.  It has been very mild up to 10*C was the high for today. Usually, we are digging ourselves out of piles of snow, but green grass was the colour of the ground today.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.

Have a great day


Cheers

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas and the best gift would be that of your family. You a good woman to mend those bridges. Many would find it too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m very happy for you and your family and that your bond is becoming stronger. May 2024 be everything that you wish and hope for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I have enjoyed meeting you and reading yours. Mending bridges is admirable. I know some who find it very difficult but taking that first step is hard. I wish more could do it. It would save a lot of wasted time, so I am applauding you.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...