Thursday, June 08, 2023

Smoking

No- not me, even though back when I was a teenager, I did have ONE, hated the taste in my mouth so no more for me.

The smoking I am chatting about today is the smoke from the wildfires burning in Quebec and Ontario.  The wind has been in the direction to waft it all down south, it is even going into many of the eastern United States.  Most of it is in the upper atmosphere, however, we were able to see and smell it yesterday as it came down lower over a lot of S.W Ontario.  I feel so sorry for those people displaced and losing everything due to the fires.   A fire ban has been issued for our area as we have had no rain for three weeks, high winds and lots of sun.  All of the lawns are brown, I haven't planted out any of the flowers I was  going to, as I cannot pull out the weeds where they are going to go, and they would not survive if I did get them into the ground.  Our soil is clay, hard as a brick right now.

We are also putting up with a lot of noise at the present time as a company is installing fibre optic cables all through the neighbourhood.  There must be dozens of vehicles of all shapes and sizes doing this job.   

Had a nice lunch with my sister and niece yesterday in a lovely tea room.  It is also connected to a pottery so, of course, they sell some of the wares they make in a shop next to the tea room.  Had to have a gander through it.  $$$'s and lots of them for really beautiful things that look nice but, do I really need them.  NO.

Have been sorting through mounds of photos,some of which were my mothers, as when we are in the UK, we are going to meet a cousin who has done a lot of research for my Mother's' family tree.  He wants to see some of the photos, so he can digitize them.  His research goes all the way to the 1500's interesting reading.

Well, I am off to get some lunch.

Have  great day.


Cheers.

  


 

1 comment:

  1. I have heard about your fires. I hope there has been no loss of life. Loss of property is heartbreaking enough.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...