Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Passed

I turned on the heat yesterday as the house was cold and damp, today after a nice bright early morning, it is still on, as the clouds have rolled in and the wind has got up.  

We went for our drivers test yesterday.    A conference table had sixteen people around it, including us, with one instructor explaining about the test.   We had to draw a circle and then place the numbers of a clock in the appropriate locations, then show the hands at  11:10.    Then an eye test to identify two lines of numbers, the second line of numbers, being a little smaller than the first.   Then a peripheral eye test to identify whether the light blinked on the right or left side of your face.    The results were input into a computer and sent to the license bureau.   I called it a farce, however, I can certainly understand why some people would not pass either one of the tests.  As, as I was leaving the room, a lady stopped me and wanted to know how difficult the test was and what we had to do.   I explained everything, she replied, she was nervous wreck as today, Tuesday, she was having her test fearing she would not pass.   Honestly, she looked as if she should not be driving in the first place, let alone going for a test, so part of me was hoping she passed, another part hoping she failed to save her from being in an accident.

We passed.  Good to drive for another two years when we need to have a test again.

Groceries this morning, now as I write it is raining hard, so think I will bake a cake.  Then while it is baking, go into the sewing room as do something in there.  

We are forecast a mixed bag of weather for the next few days, so hopefully, I can look for a pattern, and see if I have fabric to make a quilt for my new great granddaughter due next month.

Now I have my afternoon all planned, so better get moving.

Have a great day.

Cheers.


1 comment:

  1. Well done, regarding the test. I had mine last fall when I turned 80. Cloudy here but no more rain so far. Enjoy your afternoon in the sewing room!

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...