Monday, June 19, 2023

Monday Rant.

Our sky is suppose to be blue today, however, it is covered by a haze again, I fear this is going to be an ongoing trend throughout the Summer.  Smoke from the wildfires is the culprit, they are still burning and will be for sometime.

I had a really nice day yesterday, in the city where I used to live they always have a car show for Fathers Day, which was yesterday here in Canada.   I wanted to go, as I wanted to meet up with my DD1, S I L, granddaughter #1 and her hubby as they were going to the show.  Walked around looking at all of the old, antique and whimsical cars and modes of transportation.  So many vehicles, biggest turnout I have ever seen at this show.  Must have been hundreds of cars all shapes sizes and colours.  Only the colours impress me, who cares about a hemi motor or the size of the tires.   We walked for 2 1/2 hours, time for something to eat, ended up at a nice restaurant.  A good day was had by all.

Today, was errand day for me, met up with a friend and we bought tickets to three plays being held during the Winter, at the local theatre.  Had to a find a parking spot first, drove around for 20 minutes, nothing within walking distance of where I wanted to go, so had to resort to the parking garage, where you pay a small fortune to leave your car there for 3/4 hour.  I have not been in this particular building since prior to Covid, (three years).   Get a ticket out of the machine, which opens these huge doors which are surrounded by a huge metal fence, find a spot to park, leave to meet said friend, take care of business and go back to parking garage.   The sign said:  To get in to pick up your car, punch in the last four numbers on your parking ticket, door will open.  NO door does not open, tried 2, 3, 4, 5, and more times, door still locked.  Call the listed telephone number for assistance, that does not work either.  If it wasn't for a young man, who obviously has a monthly pass, which he used on a different card reader, I would still be trying to get in to my car with the $'s adding up.  Door opened.  Just as I step in the door the attendant comes and said "We have been having problems for a long time with the key pad where you key in the numbers".  Me, by this time was in no mood to listen to excuses, "Fix it" I said.   He looked at me as if I was not suppose to be there, told him I had a ticket and showed it to him and proceeded to the machine to pay, with him still keeping the eagle eye on me.   Get car, put ticket in machine to open another iron clad door. Leave.  I will never know if it is fixed as I will find another place to park my car if necessary.    Yes, I am a miserable old woman.

Rant over.


Salmon for dinner tonight.

Have  great day

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. I understand why you were so aggravated - that's very poor service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appalling. If they know it isn't working they shouldn't be requiring customers use it.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...