Tuesday, August 01, 2023

Home from vacation

I returned today from a lovely vacation in Scotland.   My son and D I L invited me and my partner to join them on this trip.  He arranged everything, flights, accommodations,  touring around and interesting slights.

The day we arrived, I was able to meet my cousin and provide him with some interesting paperwork for his research into our family tree.

The first day, we were at The British Open, golf tournament, then on to Edinborough, St. Andrews, Inverness, Oban and Glasgow.  My son is a Scotch whisky drinker, so several distilleries were on the inteninerary,  castles, museums, general sights and sounds of each area and of course shopping and eating delicious food.   I had some lovely wines and gins.  Also, experienced haggis and loved it, so had two different ways of it being served.  Mussels, haddock, cod, kippers and smoked haddock,  all the fish I remember from my childhood.

The weather was not the best, however, we all were prepared for anything and everything mother nature threw at us, and she did making sure we experienced Scottish weather at its best or should say at it's worse.

Arrived home to some welcome sunshine and warmer temps.

Staying at my son's house tonight and D I L will drive us back to our house tomorrow,  she will then go on to a smaller city close by, to visit her new granddaughter who was born while we were away.   Seven g grands for me now, two gg sons and five gg daughters.

Some photos will be posted in due course.

Have a great day,

Cheers.




1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a successful trip despite the weather. Looking forward to the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...