Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Lunch and baby

 Yesterday I had a lovely lunch with two friends.  We had good natter and put the world to right, and the gin went down very well too.  The restaurant we went to is  smack dab in the middle of the construction zone which is taking place on the main street of the city.  Climbing over mounds of sandy soil, trying avoid the deep pits and the huge trucks dumping more sand was a bit difficult wearing the sandles I decided to wear.  There was a very kind worker who trod down some of the bigger piles of sand and also made sure the truck did not move so I could reach my destination.  

 Then I made my way to visit my newest great granddaughter.  Such a sweety, so small,  even though she weighed 8 lbs when she was born, one forgets how tiny new babies are.  Big sister is not too impressed, now the novelty of a baby sister has worn off and her nose is a bit out of joint as little sister requires a good deal of attention that she was getting.  Big sister still goes to daycare during the week, however, that is a blessing and a curse, she is with her friends, however, when she comes home she wants attention from Mum and Dad as she use to. She will soon she will be off to school,  and little sister will be older so the situation should improve.   

My sister went searching for a dress to wear to her granddaughters\'s wedding in October, did not have much in finding anything she liked, so another trip to search will have to be made.  

I am still busy doing what I need to do.

Have a great day.


Cheers.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to have another great-grand. Yours is a prolific family, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no way you would have been allowed anywhere near a building site here. The restaurant would have to have alternate access or close down. We are a bit of a nanny state.
    New babies are always delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually surprised I was allowed to do what I did. No harm done this time, but there could have been. Actually, I should have known better too.

      Delete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...