Saturday, July 15, 2023

Summer???

Looking outside today I wonder if Mother Nature is playing a trick on us, the weather is nothing as our Summer should be.  It is wet, not a lot of rain, enough so that nothing can be done outside, not that I am going to do anything any way.  It is not cool, in fact, it is very humid, for obvious reasons.

Maybe she is acclimatizing me for the weather we might expect while on vacation, whatever comes my way  I am prepared.  I have everything and anything, I do like to be organized. 

Laundry whirling away in the washer and dryer, ready for putting away soon.   That reminds me. While away I will be meeting with a cousin, who wants copies of the documents I have, concerning our family,  ancestry.  One documents wash day, when my great aunt was a child, so going back a long way.  Reading it certainly makes me realize how fortunate I am to be able to turn a dial, water comes in, washes, rinses, water goes out and clothes spin to remove the water,  Into the dryer, heat and tumble dry in a short period of time.  The whole process taking a couple of hours, for my great aunt  it took from sunup to sundown, even then the clothes may not be dry.  The rest of the week, ironing and mending.  

There is another outdoor music festival in this city today, wanted to go, however, not sitting in the rain under an umbrella.   Also missed the one last weekend for the same reason.  Maybe next year.

 Have a great day.


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...