Friday, April 24, 2020

Welcome.......

to my new blog, I live in a city in the S.W. part of the Province of Ontario, Canada.  I was born is Sussex UK, and immigrated with my parents and sister in 1954.  Have been back several times, and I still write to two school friends, one snail mail and the other e-mail. 

I have three grown children, a son and two daughters, all of whom are married.  These three unions have given me five grand daughters and one grand son.  They in turn have given me four great grand daughters and two great grand sons.  Happy to say all are healthy and happy.

I have been a widow for ten years, however, have met a wonderful man who I have been living with for five years.

As the rest of the world, we have been in self isolation, for us this is the end of the sixth week, and from all news reports we are receiving, this is going to be our situation for a long time.   My hubby,  usually works in an essential service, however, because of his age and his Dr's recommendation he is off work for an indefinite period of time.(He would be meeting a number of elderly people, all of which have a medial issue of some kind)  Just between you and me I hope it will be permanent, he certainly does not need the money nor the frustration, he should be taking things easy at this time of his life.

Today was a cloudy day with the sun trying very hard to break through but not very successful, the temp did reach 15*C which is a lot warmer than yesterday's 4*C with miserable rain.  The balcony on our house needs to be repaired so that we can enjoy sitting out there during the Summer, however, because of COVID-19 we cannot hire anyone to do it, so we are doing it ourselves.  Needless to say, two 78 year olds do not do too much work during the day, and along with some cold and wet weather recently the job is taking longer than we would have hoped.  Anyway, we keep plodding along.   

I am anxious to get into the garden and get some work done, however, it is too early in the season to do anything, only pull the weeds that always seem to grow no matter what the weather is.  The daffodils and forsythia are at their peak right now, so some lovely colour in the garden.

I am a quilter, belonging to a guild for 14 years, as a group we make "comfort quilts" for chemo patients in a local hospital.  All my family have received one of my creations, except for one and hers is under the sewing machine at the present time.  All of my grandchildren received one for their 18th birthday and this grand daughter will be 18 in June.  I also enjoy designing and making wall hangings.  This post is getting quite long, so will show some in the future. 

Hope you enjoy reading what is happening in my piece of earth,
Stay home, stay safe, stay well.


2 comments:

  1. I would love to know how you found my blog! ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris: I look at Anne's blog, Country Living, Daily Doings, she used to have a blog. Blondie Blue Eyes, that is where I found you. Love your down to earth approach to everything, even the cuss words too. Ha Ha. Keep up the good work, you are doing great in your shop by the sounds of it.
      Hugs, stay well, Patricia

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...