Saturday, March 16, 2024

Marching

 This month of March is appropriately named and it is stepping by quickly.  The days just seem to fly by,  we have reach the hump of the month and now on the down side.   As March always goes, our weather is like a roller coaster, temps up one day, down the next.  Sunshine and blue skies then clouds, rain and yes, snow.  Today is cloudy, with a few rays of sun now and then, not too warm.  Tomorrow, possible wet snow 

Tuesday and Wednesday of this past week were absolutely glorious,  Tuesday, I went for a drive to a couple of towns nearby and enjoyed the trip, and wandered around some, new to me stores.  Found a pair of dress slacks on sale which came home with me.  Wednesday, out again for a nice walk to enjoy the birds singing, the robins are back, the buds on the shrubs and trees are swelling and some even showing a little green, a sure sign of spring.  When I returned it was "happy hour",  got my chair, a gin and tonic and sat on the balcony soaking up some vitamin D.   

Friday, DD2 and I went and did our weekly grocery shop, I only needed to stock up my fridge with some fresh veg and fruit.  Also, did some sewing on our guilds charity quilt, then went to the lounge in the building for happy hour.  Just a ginger ale for me, and lots of friendly chatter with some of the folks in the building.  As the evening progressed, one of the men brought out chips, dips and chocolates, I should not have taken one chip, as it led to two or three.

That brings us to today, Saturday,  I was suppose to go to the theatre this afternoon with a girl friend, however, she was not well, so I rebooked the tickets we had for a day later this month.  That worked out well, as family was having a birthday party for GGS.  So now I can have lunch with my eldest great grandson and family, DD1 and S I L.  His 14th birthday was on Wednesday, however, with family working, a lunch was scheduled for today to celebrate.   He is such a nice young man.

Tomorrow, nothing is planned, however, with the forecast of not so nice weather, it could be a day to stay in.  

Have a great day,


Cheers.

  

2 comments:

  1. I have just found your blog ( from a comment I think you left on another blog I read )- I admire your energy levels and how you made such a significant ( but successful ) change to your life last year
    This has been the most difficult year of my life . My husband died last March, he was only 63. I miss him so much and find life without him completely without purpose . I don’t know how people survive the death of a life partner
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult to carry on after the death of a partner, I found it easier as the years went by. My children and grandchildren certainly helped me get through some of the tough times. I kept active, made new friends, went on vacations by myself, albeit with a group. My life now at 82 years is better without the partner I had. Enjoying being alone but not lonely.
      I am sure your husband would be upset if he knew you were feeling the way you do now. I know everyone reacts to the loss of a partner, my advice, start doing new things, going new places and find new friends, try not to live in the past. Good luck, drop by any time.

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...