Sunday, March 10, 2024

It's Back

Yes, Winter showed it face again this morning with a little snow and cold temps, not really cold, but it feels that way after the balmy Spring like weather we have been having.  It will be short lived as temps start to go up again during the coming week.

 This past week has been non eventful, except for the quilting meeting on Wednesday.  I always enjoy getting together with these ladies.    I am putting together the blocks from our February meeting, as I now have collected all of them.  

On Thursday, DD2 and I went grocery shopping, trying to get the best buys we can these days, by going to a different store than we had been going to.  The specials they had were discounted more than some of the items I usually buy in the store I regularly go to.

In the coming weeks I need to buy some new dressy walking shoes, a Spring jacket and some under garments.  The shoes and jacket will be coming in handy for my up coming vacation, Oh! the underwear will too.  Ha Ha.   

Oh! the memories that come back from the use of one word.   Undergarments.   They have a number of names attached to them, don't they.  Underwear, bloomers, briefs, knickers, panties and thongs.  I remember the bloomers I wore as part of my uniform when I was in school in England.  The uniform---white blouse, grey skirt and cardigan, bottle green tie, beret, blazer and coat.  The underwear was also part of the uniform.   A baggy cotton bloomer with elastic around the waist and legs.  The colour, bottle green,  is a dark green and not very flattering for any type of underwear.  These bloomers were also used as part of the physical education uniform, along with white socks and plimsolls.   As I recall, the plimsolls were black, and would not be considered to be a gym shoe by todays standard.   Fast forward to Secondary school here in Canada, the only uniform we had to wear was the physical education gym suit.   A one piece navy blue garment, buttons down the front and, you guess it, baggy with elastic around the legs.   

The underwear I wear now,  not telling, however, it does not have any elastic around the legs.

Today and tomorrow I will be under in influence of a "time change lag", as we put our clocks ahead an hour last night.  Those 60 minutes are not that long but it sure does make a difference for a couple of days.  

So better get on with my day, it's still 24 hours isn't it.


Have a great day

Cheers.


 

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear on the cold weather again. Mother Nature is playing a joke on us I think. Happy to hear this won’t be for long. Loved all the names for undergarments. I remember my grandmother’s frilly lacy things she used to keep in her bottom drawer. She showed them to us once and my sister and I had a lovely time looking through them, under nanny’s supervision. My old school winter uniform was a navy blue blazer and skirt and white blouse. The summer was a light blue striped dress and a navy blue cardigan. I wouldn’t wear stripes for years afterwords. It sounds like you have had a good week and I enjoyed reading about it. Thanks so much and I hope the rest of your week is excellent.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...