Monday, May 06, 2024

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people against all of those previously noted, plus others, I am sure I have not mentioned.   Where these battles were fought plaques and cairns have been erected by the side of the road which either give directions to visit certain places off the beaten track, or note the exact spots where these conflicts took place.  The plaques provide information as to the, who, what, where when and why information.  

I am mentioning this as the country side is dotted with a lot of these information sites, and during a ride yesterday with my ex, we duly noted some of those we have visited or stopped at previously.  However, as we made a turn in the road, I saw there was a new one.  Not the kind made of brass or stone as the others were but, with modern elements, of steel and plastic, held in place by cement blocks.  

Written on the black background, large red letters showed this.

AT THIS SITE,

ON APRIL 17 th, 1889,

NOTHING HAPPENED.

Who ever put it there must have had a good sense of humor, as I certainly did have a good chuckle as we drove past.  I should have taken a picture, but my phone has too many of this kind a photo, so decided not too.  

Have a great day.


Cheers

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's really amusing! I do like to read up on the local history as it's all new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a lot of historical signs here too but I can honestly say I have never seen one like that. Thanks for the chuckle :)

    ReplyDelete

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...