Saturday, September 21, 2024

Last day of Summer

 I do not like to think of it being the first day of Autumn tomorrow, as it means it won't be long before the weather starts to change.  Don't get me wrong I do like the cooler days as they do not have the uncomfortable humidity in them, and there is still some nice bright sunshine.   Then there is the beautiful colours of the leaves on the trees.  During my walks I can tread on the crisp leaves and hear them crunch during each step.  

The wires between the poles on the side of the roads are full of starlings all getting ready for the flight to warmer temps during the Winter.  When they take flight it is quite amazing to watch, as they all seem to change direction at the same time.  Soon, if your lucky you might see the sky full of geese as they also fly far enough south to find food for the Winter months.

It is a bit too early in my opinion, however, in the stores the shelves are full of Thanksgiving and Halloween decorations and costumes.   Might even see some Christmas items, if you look close enough..

My neck brace has been off now for a month and I can move my neck and shoulders now with very little pain, which is felt mostly in the morning when I get up as it has been in one position all night.  By the afternoon I am OK, so much so I have been able to drive.  Such a great feeling to not rely on my two daughters to take me where I want to go.  They have been such a great help, don't think I could have got through the last three months without them.   I still am unable to smell anything, however, as I keep telling myself, if that is the only thing wrong with me now, I should consider myself lucky as I could be a lot worse health wise.  

Thursday was such a lovely day, and the weekly forecast indicated some cooler temps and rain will be coming next week, so I decided to take myself to the beach.  Not a seaside beach, but the lakeside beaches we have a just like the seaside.  The lakes are so big all you can see is water and waves, seagulls and sand.  Chair, umbrella, packed picnic dinner, book, and sunglasses and off I went.   It was a lovely day, my picnic went down nicely.  A walk on the pier and looking in the westerly direction it did not look as if the sunset was going to be one of those spectacular ones as there were not clouds.  I decided it was time to go.  On the way home I have to pass a very popular ice cream store, just my luck it was open and as no dessert had been eaten yet, an ice cream cone fit the bill.  One scoop of raspberry sherbet, so refreshing and tasted lovely.  Then on my way, arriving home happy that I was able to have such a lovely day.

The meeting for the quilting group is coming up soon and I need to get sewing to finish off some things for show and tell, and also give one of our members a table runner for her Christmas bazaar.  It is a good thing those showery days are for most days next week.  

Have a great day.


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last day of Summer

 I do not like to think of it being the first day of Autumn tomorrow, as it means it won't be long before the weather starts to change. ...